FeaturesWindows 7 makes the things you do every day easier. With fewer clicks, faster searching, easier browsing, and simpler ways to connect, there’s less between you and what you want to do. Windows 7 is designed to improve the performance of your PC, so it’s faster, more secure, and more reliable. PCs with Windows 7 simply work the way you want them to work.
Take a look at these highlighted features in Windows 7 Home Premium:
* Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV, movies, and other video content
* Use Windows Media Player to stream music files on any network-connected device
* Use the ISO tool to install Windows 7 directly to a USB drive for netbooks or computers without a CD/DVD drive.
* Pin any program to the taskbar and rearrange the icons on the taskbar just by clicking and dragging
* Easily change backgrounds, window colors, and sounds to reflect your personal style
* Instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC, from documents to emails to songs, right from the Start menu, just by typing a word or two, with Windows Search
* Use HomeGroup to connect all your PCs running Windows 7 to a single printer
* Access recently used files faster than ever
System RequirementsProcessor Required
1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit); for the download version, an additional 3 GB is required
1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or later driver
Other Additional requirements to use certain features:
* Internet access (fees may apply)
* Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
* For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
* Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware
* HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7
* DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
* Music and sound require audio output
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.